June 30, 2008

Good Weekend

We had a pretty good weekend, although it went by a little too fast. Saturday we went to the pool with Vicky and the girls for a bit and had such a great time. I LOVE going to the pool. I feel like I get to relax, even with a pile of kids. Later I went shopping with Jonah for a bit, which was quite fun. Usually I take at least 2 kids with me somewhere (Jonah and Kyla most of the time), so it was nice to only have one while going through a few stores. Better yet, one who can't talk and walk. :) I got a few tops, which I am excited about. I've worked pretty hard over the past month or so (using Weight Watchers) to shed the last of the baby weight. I have dropped 12 pounds and thankfully I can tell my regular clothes no longer fit anymore. Great excuse to get out and get some new ones. :) Saturday night I went to a Auction Dinner to benefit Lawton, Alicia's coowner of their insurance agency. After a very violent attack on him, he is on the mend, which is great news. I went to the dinner with my dad and had a really nice time. I couldn't believe how crowded the place was and how many people same out to support Lawton. It was amazing and fantastic! I am so proud of my sister and the work they did to put this party on in such a short time! Very impressive. Sunday, we really didn't do a whole lot. My sister and I went to Calastoga for a tasty lunch and then did a little shopping at Target and Babies R Us. We finally got Kyla a new carseat so we can get Jonah out of his infant seat.

Speaking of Jonah, where has the time gone!? He is so close to being ONE already and I cannot believe it. I just remember sitting in the hospital like it was yesterday waiting to get into a room, talking about if we were going to have a boy or girl and what in the world were we going to name this baby.

Anyway, last night Sean and I worked on our painting project. We are painting a lot of the inside of our house. So far this year, we have done my bedroom, my bathroom (both areas), Kyla's room and are almost finished with the dining room, living room and hallway areas. If you ever get overwhelmed with the idea of painting, put your kids to work! My kids LOVE it!! They are so excited when I ask them if they want to roll out some paint, especially when they get to stay up much past their bedtime. It's a totally win-win situation! Anyway, one more night of work and the project should be finished, for now. However, because Bachelorette is on tonight, I will have to wait to finish until tomorrow. As for today, I see about 10 load of laundry in my future...

0 comments: