January 27, 2009

My Little Genius

Kevin is brilliant. Plain and simple. His intelligence is truly like none other. He wants to be a scientist of some sort when he grows up and I have no doubt he will do something absolutely wonderful with his brilliance.
However, there are so many quirky things he does because he lacks common sense. In fact, I can't even tell you how many times Kirt and I start cracking up because of this. Ever read those Amelia Bedila books when you were little?? He is just like her! Everything you say, he takes literally.
I'm getting to my point of my Kevin funny for the day. He was showing me his homework, and I had a few peices of paper that were garbage in my hand. I asked him to go throw them away. Most of us would just walk to the garbage can in the kitchen and toss them. However, seconds later I hear the front door open..yes, you guessed it. Kevin was going outside to our trashcans on the side of the house to throw away the papers. I love that boy and am so thankful for humor he provides to us on a very regular basis!!

0 comments: