November 24, 2008

The Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day

Friday was one of the worst days I've had in a very, very long time. Almost made me want to write my own book titled, "Maria (or Kirt) and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day". Everything started of normal. I was getting the kids ready for school and the younger boys ready to run a few errands after our school drop off. Around 8:30am, my phone rang and it was Kirt freaking out, but like in a shaking and I don't know what to do kind of way (not yelling and out of control). He tell tells me that his tools have been stolen out of his truck. Bags and bags of tools and expensive ones at that. If he were to estimate it would be around 4K in tools of his own, and about 8K of the companies. We have no idea when or where it happened. He swears his truck was locked over night and there was no sign of entry whatsoever. He stopped at a gas station and ran in quickly and the door was unlocked during this time. I'm not a thief and I know they can do crazy things, but I just find it so hard to believe that they would climb into somebody's truck and take so much stuff during a super quick trip into a gas station (..and he was parked right in front). Who knows. However, I do know that I feel very violated. Now, somehow we have to come up with thousands of dollars in tools so he can continue to work. The rest of the day wasn't great either, but it was totally minute compared to the morning.

Regardless of circumstances, I am so thankful I have a God who I know will be with us during this time. I am so grateful for my faith and I can't even explain the feeling knowing that even when things get tough, we will not be forsaken. I am certain He will provide and will reveal Himself through this difficulty. I also pray for those who did this to us, that they may experience His presence, seek His grace and be saved from the only thing that can save them from whatever their circumstances may be.

1 comments:

Laura Horne said...

Yuck! That feeling of being violated is soo gross. I am so sorry that happened.