October 24, 2008

BEST Birthday EVER.

I seriously had the most amazing birthday ever this year. I really want to write about it just so the memories can be stored in a place I can always go back to and read. Kirt and I went to dinner on Sunday (the night before) at Tokyo Bay and then to the movies afterwards. It was fun, romantic, and just so nice to be away from our crazy home lives. We definitely need to do this more. We know that for our kids sake, and for our relationship, we need to never lose focus on each other and the love that we have.
Monday was my actual birthday. I took the kids to school and then did a little shopping with Carter and Jonah. They were really good, which was so nice! To make things even better, both boys took awesome 3 hour naps when we got home. PEACE and QUIET- such an AMAZING thing. I love my life and love my kids, but I also love how absolutely quiet and still my house can get at certain times of the day. Anyway, that night my dad, sister and I went to Outback for a wonderful, long dinner. We just hung out, ate and chatted for hours, reminiscing on the past, bringing up great memories, and just having such a blast. I love my dad and sister so, so much and we always have the best time together. My dad is so smart, intelligent and has so much wisdom to share. I could listen to him talk for hours because after each meaningful conversation, I just feel so enlightened in life. He is such an amazing father and I love him soo much!
On Tuesday, I had plans to go to Carrabbas with my sister for dinner. Little did I know, she had much different plans in mind. Not only was I going to dinner with her, but also many of my great friends!! It was such an AWESOME surprise and we had SOO much fun!! We did so much talking and laughing and it was such a perfect birthday dinner. I still can't believe she pulled it off! Thank you so much Alicia for the best birthday surprise ever. :) You totally did an amazing job. Thank you, too, to all of my wonderful friends who came to suprise me and celebrate with me!! There is nothing better than great friends sitting around eating some great food! I love you all so much and am sooo VERY grateful for each and everyone of you!! :)

1 comments:

Alicia said...

Maria,
Seriously, that brought tears to my eyes (GOD HAS GIVEN ME MY EMOTIONS BACK!!). I am gonna go post about your birthday now! lol... love you!!!!!!!!