October 2, 2008

Convictions

Being convicted is a lovely thing. Seriously. Lately God has been pressing on my heart so hard over certain things going on in my personal life. I have been praying for Him to show me his desires and speak to me His wants for my life. Thankfully, this past week I finally heard Him convicting me of quite a few things that I needed to take care of or change. The blessings in return have just been amazing and wonderful and I know they will only get better. Not all convictions reveal immediate blessings, but thankfully God chose to not test my patience too much during this time (I'm sure he knows patience is one of my weakest qualities..). I am so happy to be at such a wonderful point in my relationship with God where I am finally hearing Him and responding to the desires and wants He has for me. I am thankful for such a wonderful, forgiving and compassionate God who truly wants to bless us during our short time here on earth. Unforunately, all too often we are found with our eyes closed, ears covered or both and miss out on all He truly desires for us. I pray he reveals Himself so clearly that we may not miss it, and yet we respond so obideiently that we don't miss the blessing he has in store for us.

0 comments: