August 27, 2008

6th Grade Changes Everything

Ever since my kids started school, I have always checked their homework when they completed it. I'm the mom who makes sure every problem is right, every writing assignment is neat and quite frankly, I am picky and have high standards for their work. However, this has quickly come to a halt as the second week of middle school rolls around. Sean started 6th grade this year and everyday when I check his homework, I just look at it and and tell him, "good job!" and close it up. Ya know why?? Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it's because I have NO idea how to do those crazy math problems anymore. Math was always my weakest and I'm sure at this point, Sean (who is a math whiz) knows what he is doing much better than I do at this point. It's quite embarrassing. Surprisingly, he hasn't said anything to me yet about not checking it like I used to, and quite frankly I'm a little too prideful to tell him I have no idea what his work is about. :)

On that note...he has called me from school and/or his friends cell phones 3 times this week. He is now telling me that he needs a phone. Coicidence? I think not.
I can officially say middle school changes everything..but it's so exciting none the less!

0 comments: