August 24, 2008

AMAZING Weekend

After much debate and a great deal of mind changing, we decided to head down to our condo on the beach. We decided it was the only weekend that we had very little to do and very little scheduled, especially as soccer season begins this coming week. When soccer season begins, life gets crazy to say the least. Anyway, we left Friday night for the beach and basically just hung out eating dinner, playing the wii and watching TV. The rest of the weekend we basically just swam in the pool, swam in the ocean, layed out, played in the sand, got lots of sun and then woke up and did it all over again. :) It was so fun, so relaxing and just a great vacation away from home. I loved sitting out on the lanai, listening to the waves and reading a good book. It was absolutely wonderful.

On Saturday late afternoon, I left my wonderful husband with all the kids while I went to a super fun card party. I love love love those!! I love scrapbooking and card making, but with 5 kids, never sit down enough and open my craft armoire to work, so having a scheduled day/time to go and do this is great! We also went to Chili's afterwards and a great time was had by all. :) I am so glad I got to go!! Thanks again Nichole for being the most wonderful host for this parties! :)

Anyway, it was a fun weekend. The kids all had sooo much fun and got plenty of sun. So far, I think, besides myself, everyone else is sunburn free though. Yay!
I can say the best part was the fact that we woke up Sunday morning knowing that although our "vacation" was ending later that day, we only had a 20 minute drive to get back home. :) As always, it's good to be home and once I get some pictures uploaded I will be sure to post them.

0 comments: