September 27, 2008

GOOAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!!

Kyla scored her very first goal today in our soccer game. She had a great break away and took awesome advantage of it. I was so impressed she didn't get shy or scared, but rather was full of confidence the second she saw the opportunity! She was SOOOO excited when she scored it- it was priceless! I was so happy too because my dad "secretly" came to the game and was watching without her knowing, so he got to see it as well. Anyway, I know it's totally minor, and not really a big deal, but to me it's huge. :) As a former soccer player, who devoted hours and hours of my life to practices, games, and tournaments, I am so excited to see what path soccer may take her down. Many of my best memories surround soccer and all the traveling and what not that came along with it. I would be MORE than thrilled to get to go through it again with my daughter. :)
PS- I also love the fact that my little girl (and boys) are playing soccer on one of the same fields I grew up on!!!

1 comments:

Alicia said...

:( TEAR.
Of course the weekend I leave.
That'll teach 'er!