September 13, 2008

New Beginnings

Many new beginnings recently in our house. First off, today was AMAZING as we won our U-12 (Seans team) soccer game 2-1. It was a tied game until the last minute and we ended up scoring off a corner kick. Exciting, unbelieveable, and amazing doesn't even come close to the feeling after the second goal was scored. You see, we (no joke) have not won a soccer game in this league for 3 years. THREE YEARS. Finally, after much complaining on my part (I truly felt the teams were stacked), I was given a fair team with actually decent players. Last year when my sister and our friend coached (I was on maternity leave..usually the 3 of us coach together) they were given about 5 obese kids (out of 10), and then 3 others who really had never even touched a soccer ball before. It was rediculous. This year, our team is pretty much the complete opposite. Everyone knows what theyre doing, everyone is actually quite decent and we are just loving, loving, loving how much fun we're having this year. I, as well as my sister and our friend are so excited and truly looking forward to our upcoming season. There is nothing better in life than exciting moments, but I guarantee you it's even sweeter for us after our ordeal. I'm sure after the win we looked quite rediclous, as we looked as if we had just won the Super Bowl of U12 soccer. Frankly, it may have looked that way, and you know what? It felt that way too. In other news, as I posted below, Kyla got a new puppy for her birthday. It is an Australian Shepherd/Calhoun mix and is SOOO adorable!! I *think* she has named him Charlie. We are excited to see how he impacts our lives (not including the lost sleep from 3am walks..) in the future. Kirt and I went today and picked it up while Alicia watched the kids (thank you!). Kyla was SOOO excited when she saw the puppy for the first time. I am glad I have it on video. :)

0 comments: