September 20, 2008

Happy First Birthday Jonah!!

It's hard to believe that a year has passed already since you came into this world and so wonderfully blessed our lives. It has been a challenge, a joy, a blast, difficult, but oh so sweet. We are so in love with you, our little man. We are so proud of you, excited for you and are beyond blessed to be able to be your parents.

I'll never forget that day in late January when the absolute biggest surprise of my life happened. I thought maybe I could be pregnant, but truly didn't I was. I mean, it took us a year to conceive your little brother. I told your dad to just stop and grab a pregnancy test on his way home from work, just so I could make sure I wasn't. You see, I was what they call "control" freak- I always have a plan, with a beginning and ending. I always have everything figured out as to how something is going to work out, what is going to happen and what the next step will be. However, this afternoon, when I took this test, I quickly came to realize I am *truly* not in control. There is something SO much bigger, and I needed to be reminded of this. After the positive sign instantly came, so many emotions ran through- most of all shock. I'll never forget going to tell daddy right away, a balling mess (you know, because my plan wasn't playing out my way..), and as soon as I tell him all he can do is smile from ear to ear, so happy, grateful and excited for such a wonderful surprise. This helped matters to know he was so excited, but it truly took me months to come to terms with our expanding family. Most importantly, I want you to know it's not because I didn't want YOU, I just didn't like that things were going my my gameplan. :)
The day you were born sweet Jonah, was just so amazing. For fun, we decided to not find out the gender, and we greatly looked forward to the surprise at your arrival. You came into this world at 1:54 pm on September 20th, 2007, and right away, daddy said, "Oh my gosh, it's a boy!!!" It was the most wonderful feeling to hold you and to have you in my arms. There is nothing better than the first day of seeing and holding your brand new baby, especially after carrying them for 9 months.
Jonah, although you were a surprise, you were the most amazing surprise we could have ever hoped for. I, without any doubt, could not imagine my life without you in it. You complete our family and just add such an element to our family that we never had before. We are grateful that God placed you in our lives and I thank Him so often for this. You are my constant reminder that God truly has His own plan, with His own purpose and we must be the ones to live accordingly. I know God has great purpose for you in this world, and I am so excited to see the plan He has in store for you.
I thank you for all you have taught me in our journey together the past year. I thank you for teaching me and helping me with the patience I so desperately needed, Jonah. I love you so much! Happy Birthday buddy!!!





0 comments: