September 17, 2008

Kevin's Prayer

Below, in the previous post, I mentioned Kevin's constant run in's with trouble. I absolutely despise that he is in trouble so much, but I also cannot allow or put up with his choosing to not follow directions, the lying, the disobeying, talking back, etc. He is a GOOD kid, just a stubborn one. :) Today though, I think we both finally had a much needed breaking point. He has been in trouble since last Friday when he hid his two (failed..because of not following directions) from us. Tonight, before he was going to bed (after working on his homework for 4 hours) I had such a great, much needed talk with him. I told him that we need to pray for him, he needs to pray for himself. We need to pray for direction, guidance and simply the help in choosing right from wrong in his life. After I told him all this, one of the most touching moments between the two of us happened. He told me "I pray for this stuff everyday. I don't want to be like this." What?! Really!? It just broke me to know that he DOES care, he DOES want to truly be the best he can be. I, no kidding, instantly felt all of my anger and frustrations fade away when hearing this. I feel like tomorrow will truly be a new start, a new day and possibly even a new Kevin. We had a nice, long hug and I just told him how much I love him and how much I truly want him to do well, be happy and enjoy his childhood while he can. Although, I'm sure rough patches will come again soon, the most important thing WE (yes, even Kevin!) have is the power of prayer to get through this together! God is SO good and we are so grateful for his wonderful grace in our lives.

0 comments: