July 21, 2008

Life Updates

Life is great! God is good!! I am truly enjoying summer and everything that comes along with it (yes, even being with 5 kids all day long..).

My best friend, Natalie, was in town last week and she, along with her sister, hosted a wonderful cookout on Friday night. Not only was I excited to see Natalie and Michele (her sister), but I was really excited to finally meet Nate, Natalies boyfriend. I had heard so much about him, and Natalie would tell me how perfect he was for her and how he is the one. I was a little skeptical (sorry, Nat :)) at first, mainly because she had just gotten out of a 5 year relationship. However, after meeting him, talking to him and getting to know him I now am beyond excited about their relationship and their future marriage. God is so good and I know He is going to do the most marvelous things in their relationship. Anyway, Friday night was great. We stayed up talking until the early morning hours and I just had a blast spending time with her. I truly wish we lived closer, but I am sooo grateful we are able to maintain such a wonderful friendship despite the thousands of miles.
Kirt was on call last week so we just basically hung low all week. We've spent a lot of time with friends, spent plenty of time in the sun and just enjoying the ending of summer. It's hard to believe that summer is over 4 weeks from today. I am excited about getting back into our old routine, yet a little sad summer is ending. I LOVE summer.
In other news, we leave Saturday for Iowa/Chicago. We are all really excited about going and visiting family we haven't seen since last summer. I just pray the travel and sleeping adjustments go well for the little ones. The thought of vacation is grand and exciting, yet when I think about these types of little details I tend to stress and get a little worried. Well, I am exhausted, so I'm off to bed.... :)

0 comments: