July 7, 2008

Weekend

We had a great weekend. I love when my husband has 3 day weekends. We did a lot of shopping, a lot of hanging out, and a lot of spending time with our kids. Some highlights would have to be taking the kids to Home Depot for the monthly building project. This weekend they made super cute birdhouses. I am excited to see them hanging thoughout our yard. We also watched the LONGEST Wimbledon EVER. In fact, it was so long our TIVO didn't even record it all after 6 hours of record time! It was the most fantastic match though and my husband and I truly enjoyed watching it. We also did the typical Fourth of July fireworks. It was a little sad knowing that exactly one year ago we had arrived for our summer vacation in Iowa. Last year we were surrounded with soooo much family, and this year, all of our family in town actually left. It was weird not having any family in town.
Speaking of Iowa, we thought we would not be taking a trip there this summer. However, thanks to Spirit's wonderful deals, we got $11 flights. Needless to say, now we are going. :) The kids are ecstatic and I am super excited as well. We leave July 26 and come back on the 31. Two weeks later, school is back and session and summer will come to a close. I've actually enjoyed summer thus far, not having anything to do or places to be. It's been so relaxing and fun, even with 5 kids all by myself all day. I do look forward to the school year thought. I'm a little sad about Kyla going to school for such long days though this year. Well, my husband is home and my babies are awake, so I'm off to get some dinner started...

0 comments: