July 28, 2008

Vacation

So far our vacation has been so much fun! The kids have been great and pretty well behaved, thank God!! Our flight was wonderful, as both Carter and Jonah slept the WHOLE time. We seriously couldn't have had it any better. I actually got to read a book and listen to my ipod for the first time on a flight in years. Pure heaven on earth! The first night we ended up going to my grandparents for dinner- sloppy joes and corn on the cob. Not just any corn on the cob, BUT Iowa corn on the cob. Seriously, if you've never tried it, it's to die for. The BEST corn EVER. We then checked into our hotel and fought the kids off to bed around 1030. After they went to bed, I headed out to my aunt and uncles house for some late night chit chatting with them and some of my cousins.
Yesterday, Sunday, we went to my aunt and uncles farm for the day. It was such a relaxing time, but so much fun. We rode four wheelers, ate lots of food, played basketball, talked, napped, and visited the new house theyre building. The kids always have soooo much fun on the farm. It's actually the highlight of the trip to them. So far vacation is going great and were having a blast!! Off to get the kids in bed..this is the not so fun part considering were all stuffed in a small studio type suite!

0 comments: